Prontopro is a new startup founded by a team of Bocconi, Mckinsey, and Rocket Internet alumni.
We are launching the website shortly and we are putting together a selected team of highly-motivated graduates to guide the company through setup, launch, and growth phases.
We are building Italy’s online service marketplace: the platform where you can find your personal trainer, photographer, plumber or chef. We do not accept the current antiquated model relying on yellow pages and word of mouth, and we will change they ways Italians find and pick service providers. The opportunity is huge: the company will be worth hundreds of millions of dollars – and we’re creating it from scratch.
We have funding.
- You hang out on Stackoverflow;
- You have a strong opinion on the merits and demerits of Symfony vs Zend and what the optimal solution for our backend is;
- You ache to work for a startup. You understand that startups grow and become huge, or fail and die. This does not scare you – you find it exciting;
- You are itching for real responsibility – to be in a position where you can really make or break the company;
- You want to build something huge that will change the way all your friends and family look for services;
- You hate bureaucracy and the slowness of big corporations. You experienced it and are depressed at the thought of working there again;
- You don’t like symbols of power. You want to work in a small team, in an open-space startup-like environment without corner offices or fancy furniture;
- You figure things out. You do not expect nor need hand-holding;
- You have the startup all-hands-on-deck I’ll-make-it-happen-no-matter-
Your role: senior developer
You will be responsible for our product – our website. You work with the rest of the company to properly prioritize and draft a development roadmap; then ensure it all happens.
You will inherit code that has been written by someone else. You will take full ownership of it, evaluate it and become familiar with it. You are free to re-write it where you feel necessary; but you are able to compromise and prioritize.
You need to ensure that everything will scale. Stay ahead of the curve – with the growth that we will experience, what works this month may unsuitable 1 month down the line.
Your career path: stellar candidates grow quickly, will be placed in charge of teams of people and cover executive roles. There’s so much to do, that every promotion is a win for the company. There is no CTO yet.
Skills and competences: at least 5 years programming experience managing large platforms. You must be able to provide references. Experience managing a people, preferably developers.
Personal: Independent. Impatient. Get-stuff-done attitude.
IT: PHP. CakePHP is a plus. However, if you are a rockstar in another language – e.g. Ruby on Rails – and wish to re-write everything in that language, let’s talk.
Languages: Italian and English fluency is required.
ProntoPro mette in contatto i migliori professionisti con i clienti ideali. Vogliamo diventare sinonimi di qualità dei servizi ed eliminare tutte le incertezze dovute alla mancanza di informazioni per permettere a tutti di concentrarsi solo sull’ottenere il risultato ottimale.